Promoting the private equity and venture capital ecosystem in Nigeria
The Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (PEVCA), Nigeria was formally established in March 2017 to be a member-driven, self-regulating body representing the private equity and venture capital industry (PE-VC) in Nigeria.
PEVCA is the industry and advocacy body promoting private equity and venture capital in Nigeria. With a growing membership of private capital investors and advisors, our vision is to foster an enabling environment for the industry to thrive in Nigeria.
Our membership profile cuts across all aspects of private equity activity to include venture capital operators, general and limited partners, institutional investors, professional services firms supporting the industry, family offices, HNIs and academic or research-based institutions.
Fostering an enabling environment for the Nigerian private equity and venture capital industry to thrive by supporting the mobilization of private capital and expansion of investments into the sector.
Strategic FocusThe major objectives of the Association are to:
- Champion the interests of its members on matters relating to private equity and venture capital
- Drive general and regulatory advocacy with relevant stakeholders
- Increase awareness and understanding of private equity and venture capital
- Organize forums to discuss ideas and developments specific to the industry, host events and platforms for networking.
- Promote ethical best practices in the industry.
- Engage and partner with the wider investment community as well as other regional associations.
To represent the collective interests of its membership with the primary objective of promoting the PE-VC asset class in Nigeria.
PEVCA is currently governed by a 6-person Board of directors