WEBINAR SERIES | Securing Exits in Nigeria: Trends, Opportunities, and Challenges
As part of efforts to maintain our collaborative platform of knowledge sharing, PEVCA hosts a quarterly webinar series on topics relevant to the private equity and venture capital ecosystem with industry experts. This quarter, we partner with AELEX to spotlight exits in private equity deals with the theme Securing Exits in Nigeria: Trends, Opportunities, and Challenges.
Specific session details are provided below:
Date: Thursday July 28th, 2022
Time: 1.00pm (90 mins session)
Style: Panel discussion followed by Q&A session (with questions from the audience)
Venue: Virtual (Zoom)
Session Title and Abstract: Securing Exits in Nigeria: Trends, Opportunities, and Challenges
Overview of Private Equity investments bearing in mind eventual exit potential and return on investments
- Planning an Exit
- When does planning for a PE investment commence?
- Key documentation & negotiation points affecting exits
- Key Exit Options
- What are the key exit options available generally?
- Which exit option(s) are commonly used/adopted in Nigeria? Are there limited exit opportunities?
- Who are the buyers? Strategic or financial buyers, MBO?
- Are there specific steps taken from the onset and during the tenure of the transaction to make the investment attractive at exit? E.g., structure, ownership stake etc.
- Is the general exit timetable of 5-7years generally achievable? What are the challenges and learnings in the Nigerian market?
- ESG, SRI and Impact Investing
- How does sustainability, responsible investing, ESG and impact affect exit options?
- Moderator – AELEX
- AfricInvest Nigeria
- Africa Capital Alliance
- Verod Capital
- Helios Investment Partners