PEVCA’s targeted member and associate network will cut across all aspects of private equity.
Eligibility to become a Member of the Association shall be restricted to qualifying general partners, venture capital investors, and other reputable corporations or firms whose business, include the following:
- Making (whether from its own resources or third party funds) and/or managing venture capital and private equity investment.
- Making long term equity or quasi-equity investment in unlisted/private Nigerian companies.
- Whose main objective is long term capital gains.
- Who actively provide management support to investee companies.
- Privately negotiated investments in listed entities.
Eligibility also includes qualifying LPs, institutional investors who invest directly in PE-VC funds and other investors who invest through structures such as Fund of funds.
Eligibility to become an Associate of the Association shall be restricted to qualifying persons, reputable corporations or firms whose business includes the following:
- Advising on venture capital and private equity investment.
- Providing professional services to participants within the Nigerian private equity and venture capital industry.
- Associations or special interest groups, supporting or influencing the development of the Nigerian private equity and venture capital industry.
- Financial institutions (including alternative lenders), providing financial facilities to the private equity and venture capital industry.
- Academic, research-based institutions, think-tanks, policy institutes who have strong affiliations to or are actively involved in the private equity and venture capital.